Whining and bleating!
By: Vinny
Date: 07 Dec 2017 5:10 AM

I'm sick to death of the growing numbers of businesses harping on about not being able to recruit suitable candidates due to the effects of Brexit. Why will they not just admit that they want to pay crap wages and British workers can see them for what they are.

Judith Lugg
By: Judith LuggDate: 07 Dec 2017 8:53 AM

Don't think Brexit has had time to have much effect on the EDUCATION system which is the main cause of unsuitable candidates.

You are right about employers wanting to pay crap wages BUT, reason for that is that companies are so hedged around with money-consuming regulations, etc. from the EU that they often cannot pay decent wages.

Therefore, the effects of Brexit, us having quit the abomination, will, in the long run have a definite beneficial effect on companies IF whatever Government, happens to be in power, takes a long, hard look at the strangling, suffocating red tape.

Oliver
By: OliverDate: 07 Dec 2017 9:30 AM

Ohhhh poor companies they pay tax and being regulated by EU.
When we are out we will enjoy the fruit of bonuses and live happily ever after for ever and ever.
What a load of 🚽🚽🚽 flashing down

Wendy
About me: I am female, my main interests are gardening, crosswords, jigsaw, puzzles adn my rescued border collie. I now do voluntary work in Diabetes charity shop, and love it.
Why I like surveys: Some are most interesting, and help me fill my time now I am semi-retired. and surveys help towards research, better products and my likes and dislikes
By: WendyDate: 07 Dec 2017 12:04 PM

Watch our remaining human rights disappear, it will be all loaded to suit the employer!

Dangermouse
About me: I like cheese
Why I like surveys: I can buy cheese
By: DangermouseDate: 07 Dec 2017 12:15 PM

Foreign workers are not that good..i hired a foreign cleaner and she took 3 hours just to hoover my lounge...she was a Slo-Vak

ha ha... Ta Ta

Oliver
By: OliverDate: 07 Dec 2017 3:45 PM

You should have called me.
I do it 3 minutes plus make a cuppa🤣😉👍

Phenomenal Cat
By: Phenomenal CatDate: 07 Dec 2017 5:44 PM

Always the wag DM,good joke mind tee hee.

We've been hearing this recruitment nonsense for a few years now.As Nigel Farage so succinctly put it 'the cabbages weren't rotting in the fields before we joined the EU'.

Guthers
Why I like surveys: get paid
By: GuthersDate: 07 Dec 2017 7:49 PM

Is it seriously being suggested that businesses will pay anything other than the absolute minimum they are forced to? If there are any savings, and there's no evidence there will be, you can be absolutely sure the extra cash will go into the bosses' pockets and not the workers'.

John Fitch
By: John FitchDate: 08 Dec 2017 10:23 AM

I don't recall Farage putting anything succinctly about anything.He just spoke a lot of BREXIT rubbish before swanning off to the US to hold hands with his pal Trumpy.

Julie2
By: Julie2Date: 08 Dec 2017 2:39 PM

Why don't they have an option for us who don't want to leave the EU. Maybe we could buy an EU card maybe every 5 years, then it would cover us for health when on holiday in other parts of the Europe.

Phenomenal Cat
By: Phenomenal CatDate: 08 Dec 2017 4:21 PM

I must say I wasn't impressed with Farage for chumming it with the odious Trump but aside from that I must profoundly disagree with you JF.What you call 'Brexit rubbish' I would call common sense and giving a voice to those of us whose concerns for the country were either dismissed offhand,derided or ignored completely by the major parties and the BBC.

Wendy
About me: I am female, my main interests are gardening, crosswords, jigsaw, puzzles adn my rescued border collie. I now do voluntary work in Diabetes charity shop, and love it.
Why I like surveys: Some are most interesting, and help me fill my time now I am semi-retired. and surveys help towards research, better products and my likes and dislikes
By: WendyDate: 08 Dec 2017 4:21 PM

Looks like we’re sold down the river

Guthers
By: GuthersDate: 08 Dec 2017 5:32 PM

I quite enjoyed hearing all the brexiters whining and bleating on the radio this morning. Perhaps the penny is dropping with them that they didn't really know what they were voting for.

Phenomenal Cat
By: Phenomenal CatDate: 08 Dec 2017 6:42 PM

That's most unusual,the whining and bleating normally comes from the Remainers,how strange.We 'Brexiteers' (and I'm proud to be one)knew exactly what we were voting for and we got it.

I've been voting and sitting up on election night for nearly 30 years and almost every time the candidate,party or issue I voted for lost but I accepted the result and got on with my life the next day,that's the nature of democracy.

After listening to Remainers' doom mongering for a couple of years now with little in the way of reasoned counter argument it's all become rather tiresome.Time to stop being such bad losers and get behind your country.

Oliver
By: OliverDate: 08 Dec 2017 8:44 PM

That was for the Cons to stay in power
Then prevent another referendum it was going that way had the Cons never surrendered.
How on earth are they going to discuss trade with Europe with 27 members.
Theresa May will be gone by half way. The Gargoyle Con Brexeteers won't give in this time.
How did they pursuade DUP. Where they have been dead against everything.
How can a Country like England depend on DUP.
It is a pure joke when they say T May made it through.
She absolutely staggered through. She looked shattered nearly collapse.

Trevor Shaw
By: Trevor ShawDate: 08 Dec 2017 9:04 PM

Hear Hear P Cat ! Like you i have backed the wrong horse now and then but have never spent the next 18 months sniping about the "winners" day after day like some remainers have post referendum. It can't be healthy for them.
Guthers - has it occurred to you that the callers you listened to knew exactly why they voted to leave ? And that is why they were unhappy with this mornings news ?

Guthers
By: GuthersDate: 08 Dec 2017 10:36 PM

Well Cat, you always knew you would get another say within 5 years. It's a bit different this time isn't it? This one's for ever.

And you didn't all know what you were voting for. There were the usual mix of economic brexiters, sovereignty brexiters and out and out racist brexiters phoning in this morning, and they all had a problem with the pragmatic brexit they are being given. But brexit it is all the same, per the vague 12 words on the voting form, and obviously most of them are going to be unhappy, like the rest of us forced into this crappy situation. So you end up with a country even more unhappy than it was before.

Anyway, thankfully there are more and more indications that it will all just fizzle out because it will be obviously just too stupid to carry out.

Does it not bother you that the figurehead brexiter is a close mate of donald j trump? It would bother me if I shared views with anybody like that.

Wendy
By: WendyDate: 09 Dec 2017 8:58 AM

I just hope no one is thinking of buying a car, the money man is saying you will be paying 20% more now, let’s hope the brexiters think it’s a good deal!

Julie2
By: Julie2Date: 09 Dec 2017 9:06 AM

Guthers you make a good point that Brent is not like any other election, which changes party every few years. Brexit is a change for ever. It is much too complicated an issue to invisage.

Phenomenal Cat
By: Phenomenal CatDate: 09 Dec 2017 10:42 AM

Nothing is forever,who's to say we won't vote to rejoin the EU in the years to come?(Obviously,I hope not).The principle of accepting the democratic result still stands.

It doesn't bother me at all.I think his cosying up to Trump was nothing more than a bit of ill judged media grandstanding but I happen to fundamentally agree with a lot of Farage's pro British/anti EU views.

What bothers me is that a bunch of Jeremy Corbyn fronted communists could be in power here in the next few years if they manage to fool enough people,that's genuine cause for concern.

Guthers,you keep clinging to this notion that we didn't know what we were voting for,I'm sorry but you're wrong.We voted to completely leave the EU and become an independent country again (as many successfully are) that makes its own laws,controls its borders and makes its own security and trade decisions.Not that difficult a concept to grasp.

Wendy
By: WendyDate: 09 Dec 2017 1:18 PM

I don’t think many knew what they were voting for, I certainly did not know, and the more people I talk to had no idea.
I must be one of your bunch of communists, as I do believe in this country that we are allowed to vote Labour and your constant slagging off of Corbyn is very juvenile.

Oliver
By: OliverDate: 09 Dec 2017 2:32 PM

And what bad things is Jeremy Corbyn going to do to you Phenomenal Cat as you so eloquently put it?
Jeremy Corbyn has been fighting for years for people's rights and workers benefits from young age.
What have you done appart from criticising.
How can some people be philistines and hypocrites and still be proud of it.

Judith Lugg
By: Judith LuggDate: 09 Dec 2017 5:27 PM

Julie2.
I will not join either - abomination as far as I am concerned

Wendy
By: WendyDate: 09 Dec 2017 5:47 PM

I quite like parts of FB I went to a small school and yet have managed to meet up with several old school chums, and we hope to have a get together this summer.
I am a member of the Border Collie group and it’s great seeing the photos and antics of these wonderful dogs, so many positive things for me, but I’m ot sure of YSP on FB

John Fitch
By: John FitchDate: 09 Dec 2017 6:19 PM

Did Brexiteers vote for a £50 billion divorce bill or did they vote for billions of extra cash going to the NHS ? Did they vote for 3 million EU nationals being sent home ? Did they vote for terms that will not be fully ratified until March 2019 at least ?Did they vote leave based on what nutty Nigel and Bonkers Boris were saying ? Did they vote for workers rights at least equal to those we have now ? Or did they just vote for a standalone Britain which will be Great and Glorious again ? There is lots that I don't like about the EU but at least I know what we have staying in. I just haven't got a clue what I'm getting with BREXIT which is forever. WE will not be let in again !

Guthers
By: GuthersDate: 09 Dec 2017 6:23 PM

Cat, we are already an independent country that makes our own laws. We happen to be voluntary members of an organisation based on mutual cooperation, instead of being at war with each other as for much of the previous 200 years. We are going to throw away more than 40 years of that cooperation for absolutely no reason, other than that some people don't like foreigners, or that they dare to speak their own language in our country. That opinion has been explicitly stated on this forum.

The fact that we are still a sovereign independent country is demonstrated by having just been able to leave at a time entirely of our own choosing. Compare that for example with what Catalonia has tried to do. That argument is nonsense.

And as for making our own laws, could you please name a single law that has been imposed on us by "Europe" that you don't think is a good idea? I'd love to know, because it's usually something to do with bananas. Otherwise, I haven't noticed anything.

Why would you not want another vote, unless you already think people might have changed their minds and vote the other way? Wouldn't that be democratic too, or not, because it wasn't what you wanted?

And how the hell do you think we'd get back in within 50 years, having messed everybody else about like this?

SUZYP
About me: I am originally from London but now live in South Wales. I am married with no children.
Why I like surveys: I like giving my opinions and I enjoy the rewards.
By: SUZYPDate: 09 Dec 2017 7:27 PM

Guthers, great response, couldn't have put it better myself!

Wendy
By: WendyDate: 10 Dec 2017 8:50 AM

John F and Guthers I agree great responses.

You must be logged in to Comment.